Topic: Project options

Hi -

I am new to Simply Fortran. I have registered.

I created a project with an existing file, built it and ran it - ok.

But I have 2 questions

a) I set my "Edit" -> "Line Ending Characters" to Windows DOS CRLF; I open a .FOR file that is CRLF and make a change, then save the file. I see the CRLF is now gone from the file when I open it with Notepad.

WHY ?

b) How do I configure the Project so that my .FOR file opens in a tab in the interface ? As it is, I always have to double-click on the file to get it to appear for editing.

Thank you

Re: Project options

Sorry for the line ending issues.  The option for line-ending characters is file-specific.  In other words, you'll need to open the file first, then select the line-ending characters.  The current algorithm for detecting the format is not overly clever, and it occasionally will get things wrong.  After opening your .FOR file, select "Windows/DOS - CRLF."  Now after saving you might have better luck.  Let me know if this doesn't work; you may have stumbled across a bug.

The Simply Fortran environment doesn't currently have the ability to auto-open a file when a project is loaded.  You'll need to double-click on the file every time after opening the project.  Is this a feature addition that people would be interested in?

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Re: Project options

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for your reply. I tried as you instructed - set the CRLF after opening and selecting the .FOR file. I made a change, saved, and the CRLF is still lost. I checked in the Edit and it is still set for CRLF, so I'm thinking this just isn't working, a bug.

As for auto-opening, I'm switching to Simply from another program, and that one auto-opened the files. I thought is was a nice feature. Not a big deal, but it would be nice.

Regards