Topic: Poxy proxy

I note that SFPM copes well with proxy settings.
There's still a slight limitation, though, which I mention in case it can be improved.

When I'm in my office, I have to use a proxy.
Outside the office, I am barred from using the same proxy.
In the past, I learned to pull down the IE Internet options menu, menu, then select connections, then select LAN settings, then tick or un-tick the prox box, and then OK my way all the way back out of the tunnel, which I had to repeat every time I wenr to work, and every time I went home.  So very tedious Micro$oft has made all that.

Thankfully, I've been able to dump IE in favour of the much slicker Maxthon. 
This has a one-click facility for proxifying and deproxifying.  ('Use IE proxy settings' or don't do so).

The limitation with SFPM is that it have to do all the Micro$oft palaver with IE again because SFPM is apparently locked to the EI poxy proxy settings.

Would it be possible to fit an extra switch on the front panel of SFPM to switch this in and out?
---
John

Re: Poxy proxy

John,

I think this request is completely reasonable.  I'll see what the best way to do this would be.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

John,

I wanted to quickly add that this feature won't be in version 1.1 for two reasons:

1. Other changes for 1.1 are ready to ship
2. I'd rather make sure this change is done right, not just hastily added.

The problem right now is the proxy settings are pulled in at program startup.  If I were to implement a "quick fix," the package manager would need to request that you exit and restart, which would be a bit shoddy.  It'll take me some more time to figure out a more elegant way of changing the setting.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

John,

Version  1.2, which should be released this week, will add the ability to disable the system proxy in the Package Manager.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

John,

There was a delay to take care of some other issues, but version 1.2 is now available.  It allows disabling the Proxy settings.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

I have found the absolutely neatest-ever proxy toggle program. 
Just one click on the taskbar switches it on or off.

Have a look at it here:
http://skwire.dcmembers.com/fp/?page=ie-proxy-toggle
---
John