Topic: New Project

Just a few things I noticed...I think they are bugs (build 2.17)

The user's manual says that one can access the "New Project" option from within the "File" menu...but that is not true...the "New Project" option is within its own "Project" menu along the menu bar.

User's manual says "New Project" creates a new project; but, for me, SimplyFortran just crashes, instead.

User's manual say "New Project" is also available via pop-up menu in the Project Pane...but I don't have a pop-up menu at all.

Re: New Project

Thanks for these reports

The user's manual says that one can access the "New Project" option from within the "File" menu...but that is not true...the "New Project" option is within its own "Project" menu along the menu bar.

It used to be in the File menu when there wasn't a Project menu long ago.  I'll fix that.   There are probably many more documentation errors.

User's manual says "New Project" creates a new project; but, for me, SimplyFortran just crashes, instead.

Are you saying that Simply Fortran crashes when you click "New Project..." in the Project menu?  That's clearly a bug.

User's manual say "New Project" is also available via pop-up menu in the Project Pane...but I don't have a pop-up menu at all.

If you right click on any part of your project (a file or folder, for instance) in the Project Outline panel, you should see a popup menu appear.  Under File, there is an option for "New Project..."  If you follow those steps, do you see the popup menu?

Sorry for the trouble, and thank you for the bug reports!  I'll look into the crashing immediately.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Re: New Project

O.k., I gave it another try.

For the record, it's been a couple of reboots since the last time I tried this.

First, the Project -> New Project command does work, now; it pop ups a window from which to select the type of project.

Second, I guess I did not know where to look for the context menu in the project-outline panel...I was just right-clicking somewhere in the panel, but that does not work...one actually needs to right-click on a project or file and THEN browse to "New Project"...so, it works, too.

For the record, just as the "Project" menu no longer resides inside the "File" menu, maybe the aforementioned "New Project" option in the context menu shouldn't be under a "File" menu entry; instead, maybe it should be under a "Project" one...then again, maybe this is a bit redundant as we ARE in a project...maybe the three Project options should be readily accessible at the first right-click and not hidden away under another menu layer.

thanks