Re: "Dialogs" in AppGraphics

Klaus,

You shouldn't have to call setdialoghotkeys(.FALSE.) when closing your window.  That setting is specific only to the current window, so it shouldn't affect any other windows that may be open.  Furthermore, any new window will always default to .FALSE. regardless of earlier calls to ensure compatibility.

If you do find some problems, let me know.  I'll get them fixed up ASAP.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Thanks Jeff,
I am developing more dlg's and every is thing working as suspected and I'll delete setdialoghotkeys(.FALSE.) in my sources.

Klaus

Jeff,
In a application using the full screen window is opened a child window, for instance a dialog window. A mouse click per accident not  in the window but outside causes that the main window is on the foreground and the child window below it. Is it possible to avoid that the child goes to the background an how can I manage it?
Klaus

Klaus,

No, it isn't possible in AppGraphics right now.  I think what you'd like is either:

1. Modal windows - where you couldn't interact with anything except the current window until you close it.
2. Stay-on-top windows - where a window, even if not the current, always appears topmost

Both could be added to AppGraphics.  Is there one you'd prefer?

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Jeff,
For all my applications, the intention is that users only should interact with the current child window but not with other windows (except to have to look only in window below)
So I prefer the first option.
Klaus

Jeff,

I concur with Klaus.  A modal window option would be a useful addition to AppGraphics.

Frank

Jeff,
I have implemented enablewindow and it works pretty well!
Thanks, Klaus

Klaus,

I'm glad to hear it! If you run into any problems using enablewindow, let me know.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Jeff,

I've implemented Enablewindow throughout my application and thus far it works seamlessly.

Thank you for taking the time to develop Enablewindow for AppGraphics and following up on member suggestions.

Much appreciated,

Frank