Topic: SF w/Appgraphics

I've experienced an intermittent problem when using Appgraphics window menus with SF2.
When an application contains several menu options in the main window bar (e.g., File, Edit, Run, About, etc.), they are not always displayed when the application is run.  Sometimes the About menu is missing and other times the Edit menu is missing. A rerun of the application usually clears up the problem and all menu options are once again display. 

This issue does not happen all the time, but periodically and there's no telling which menu option will disappear.

My guess is that this may be a bug in Appgraphics, but I cannot know for sure except that it's a nuisance.

Any advice on how to eliminate this problem is welcome.

Frank

Re: SF w/Appgraphics

Frank,

The menu disappearing, intermittent or not, is definitely a bug.  I'll have to dig into this issue.  Thank you for reporting it!

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Jeff,

The disappearing Appgraphics menus persists.

I tried running two different SF/Appgraphics programs.exe by double-clicking them ten times and then seeing which ones have missing menus.  In both application instances I observed 1/10 running applications missing a menu item.

I also tried inserting a Call Startidle(100) statement after the Do While: call draw_window() Loop, just to see if it would make a difference.  It had no effect on resolving the problem.

Frank

Frank,

The problem was occurring because, after modifying the window's menu bar by adding another menu, AppGraphics wasn't  calling DrawMenuBar. If you read the description of the Windows API function, it does state:

Microsoft wrote:

If the menu bar changes after the system has created the window, this function must be called to draw the changed menu bar.

The proper call has been added, and I'm no longer seeing the issue.  The fix will be in Simply Fortran 2.26,  which should be out early next week.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Jeff,

Thank you for solving the 'disappearing' menu bar issue.

I continue to be amazed at your problem solving skills, and the fact that you didn't forget about the problem.
It's easy to get buried in emails and issues, and then just move on gradually, but you seem to jump right in and attack a problem.  It's a good quality.

Frank

drfrank wrote:

I continue to be amazed at your problem solving skills...

I wholeheartedly agree.
---
John

Jeff,
Is this an AppGraphic bug?:

By creating a button  with the statement:
    r_but(1) = createradiobutton (10, 40, 15, 15,'absolutely:')
only the button appears but not the text

I did help myself in this way to get the text behind the button:
    r_but(1) = createradiobutton (10, 40, 15, 15,':');    Call outtextxy(30,40,'absolutely:')

Klaus