Topic: SF 3.31 3993 Profiler not working?

Jeff,

I cannot get the SF 3.31 3993 Profiler to run after I've enabled Profiling and executed the project within SF environment. More specifically, when the project is executed and then a menu to open a data file is selected following by running a regression analysis and Aplot display of the data, I keep getting the message that "Profiling data does not yet exist" even after I've run the project with Profiling enabled. No gmon.out file is created in the working folder.  However, if I execute the same project to display the window and menus but quickly quit the program without selecting a data file or running a regression of the data, a gmon.out file is created in the working folder.  A gmon.out file is only created when the project is executed and then quit without performing any other operations or computations. FYI, I am using a multilinetextbox in the parent window.

Am I doing something incorrectly, or is there a bug in the Profiler of this build?

Frank

Re: SF 3.31 3993 Profiler not working?

Frank,

My guess here is that the working directory is changed while the program runs.  In the simple case, you're not using a file dialog, so the working directory remains as the project directory where the profile data is generated after the program runs.  In the more complicated case, I'm guessing you're opening or saving data files somewhere, correct?  The Windows file dialog causes the working directory to change.  When the program exits, the working directory is no longer the project directory.  I'm guessing that there is a gmon.out in whatever the last directory accessed was.

If the above is the case, you can just copy that gmon.out file back to your project directory and then run the profile results.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Re: SF 3.31 3993 Profiler not working?

Jeff,

Wrote:
"I'm guessing that there is a gmon.out in whatever the last directory accessed was.
If the above is the case, you can just copy that gmon.out file back to your project directory and then run the profile results."

Response:
You are exactly correct. The directory has changed to the data file directory. The gmon.out file was, in fact, located in the data file directory and not the project directory.  I've copied the gmon.out file back to the project directory and now profiling works perfectly.

Thanks, I thought that I must have done something incorrectly.

Frank