Topic: Editor view refresh

It happened to me a few times when dealing with short files that fitted completely inside the editor window that after replacing tabs with spaces, the looks of the code ended up funny looking (corrupted view) to the point that I had to close that file and re-open it.

Re: Editor view refresh

I can't replicate the error at this time, but I'll have to audit the code that performs this function.  Were you seeing this with fixed-format Fortran (Fortran 77 for example), or free-format Fortran?

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

3 (edited by gsal 2014-11-27 05:35:28)

Example of screen before and after converting tabs to spaces.

PunBB bbcode test

Hhhmmm...put the screen shot in my google drive and got the link to shaare it here, but since it does not have a typical *.png name, it does not seem to work...will try a simple url, now.

Before and After tab-to-spaces

gsal

Thank you for the screenshot.  I'll look into the problem.  My guess would be that it might be related to inline error messages somehow.  They can be a bit problematic when refreshing the editor.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

It looks like recent changes to how syntax errors were reported to and subsequently cleared from the editor caused a problem in how the editor was redrawn.  The editor corruption seems to be fixed in the development version.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC