Topic: Saving Problems Under 2.22?

I've had an interesting report via email stating that there could be an issue saving files in version 2.22.  Has anyone experienced any issues with files being unable to be saved or even possibly erased in the process?  We can't currently replicate the bug.  Please note that this bug report is a single report; I haven't heard from anyone else experiencing the issue.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Re: Saving Problems Under 2.22?

I encountered something similar. I installed the latest build of SF on a machine with Windows XP to test. In modifying the 'Hello World' example, I found  that I could not save the file with the changed source code.

I got ' fwin.exe has encountered a problem,etc'.

Thank you for the report!  We're now able to replicate it, and we should have a new build out today.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Version 2.22 actually changed the way we save files.  Specifically, we switched to using the Windows API's CreateFile/WriteFile.  The intermittent crashing was actually due to a bad argument passed to the WriteFile.  Oddly, the Windows API seems robust enough that it only fails due to our error under some circumstances.  Obviously we wouldn't have released with this bug, but it appears to not manifest itself on every system.

A new build will be out in a few hours correcting the issue.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

The new build (1859) is available on the Download page.  Please let me know if there are still issues.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC