Topic: Gnumeric

Jeff,

I'm still looking for a data grid, data table, or data spreadsheet for SF projects to load a data file, manipulate data, and use for graphics either within the spreadsheet or with AppGraphics.

Is it possible to use the OpenSource Gnumeric spreadsheet within SF?

Could this spreadsheet be used with AppGraphics to provide a data spreadsheet within a SF application?

The Gnumeric Spreadsheet. Gnumeric is an open-source spreadsheet program.
Free: Gnumeric and its source code are available free of charge, licensed under the terms of the GNU General Public License version 2 or version 3.

www.Gnumeric.org

Frank

Re: Gnumeric

Frank,

Gnumeric or any portion of it would introduce a dependency on GTK+ libraries, which are substantial.  I'd like to keep AppGraphics smaller.  While I did work on a proof-of-concept table, it probably isn't powerful enough for anyone's needs.  I know I had said that I'd release the code, but other work got in the way.  I'll revisit it in January.  Additionally, I have looked at a few other table solutions that could be directly integrated into AppGraphics without adding too much complexity.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Jeff,

Thanks for the feedback.
I agree with regards to SF graphics applications, "less is more".

I'm confident you'll make the right choice if and when there are viable options.

Thanks,

Frank

Please,

Is there any numerical package like NAG or BLAS or LAPACK (easy to use) for "Simply Fortran"?

Thanks

Both BLAS and LAPACK are available through the SF Package Manager.  Both BLAS and LAPACK are also relatively straightforward to compile manually with Simply Fortran, but the package manager would make installing them far easier.

There are a number of additional packages available related to mathematics via the package manager.

NAG is not available because it is a proprietary product from the Numerical Algortihms Group, and they do not support our compiler.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC