Topic: problem with text box

Jeff,
It seems, that text in textbox is always top-justified, independently
on vert settings defined by calling settextjustify procedure (SF 3.7).
Carlos

Re: problem with text box

Carlos,

The settextjustify call was not originally supposed to affect text boxes.  The AppGraphics text box is implemented via a Windows Edit Control.  When you set the horizontal justification using settextjustify in AppGraphics, the text box is assigned the appropriate style, ES_LEFT, ES_RIGHT, or ES_CENTER, as shown on the linked page.  However, Windows does not provide a way to vertically justify text in a box, at least as simply as the horizontal justification.

So the above is an explanation for the current behavior.  I'm not sure we'd be able to implement the vertical justification for the text box.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Jeff.
Thanks for the explanation. I have also noticed inconsistency (?) in the use of logical kind.
For example, enabletextbox procedure accepts LOGICAL(4) whereas e.g. checkboxsetchecked
requires LOGICAL(1). Is it on purpose? I am using SF 3.8
Carlos

That would occur most likely because the C function (most of AppGraphics is in C) is called directly rather than via a Fortran wrapper.  I can make sure anything accepting a logical in AppGraphics is expecting a common LOGICAL(4) instead.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC