|     !   Debugger failed to launch - Error 2      |
|                                                                      |
+-------------------------------------------------------+

?
---
John

Re: Debugger - Error 2.

John,

Error 2 means that Simply Fortran couldn't find the debugger.  Open the Debugger Options window and make sure that the paths to the debugger are valid.  On most 64-bit installations, they should be:

32-bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Simply Fortran\insight32\bin\insight.exe
64-bit: C:\Program Files (x86)\Simply Fortran\insight64\bin\insight.exe

If the paths appear as above, try the Browse buttons and make sure the paths to the debuggers exist.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Thanks Jeff.  There's something odd happening because NOTHING I did deliberately could cause SF suddenly to lose track of where the debugger is.

When I had problems earlier and re-installed SF3.9, I had to use the 'REPAIR option, and this didn't ask for a pathname. 
I checked that SF had not appeared in the default directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Simply Fortran\, because that's not where I put it.  I always install in  C:\Program Files (x86)\FORTRAN\SF.   It had not re-installed in the wrong place.

What I've just discovered, though, is that the debugger paths seem to have been re-set, to
   C:\Program Files (x86)\Simply Fortran\insight32\bin\insight.exe
   C:\Program Files (x86)\Simply Fortran\insight64\bin\insight.exe

None of the other paths have changed in options, only the debugger paths.

I have had to change these back, manually, to,

C:\Program Files (x86)\FORTRAN\SF\insight32\bin\insight.exe
   C:\Program Files (x86)\FORTRAN\SF\insight64\bin\insight.exe

This correction has got the debugger running again.
Thanks Jeff.
---
John

4 (edited by ws6transam 2013-03-05 21:26:17)

How about Error 10b ?

That's my error and I really need the debugger.

I get the same error when trying to launch. Right now I make do by running my project in a separate console from the command prompt.

I've tried to explicitly run the debugger but it balks and claims that there's an unmounted drive that it's trying to find.

Any suggestions how to debug the debugger? I have F90 code to port and get running under 64-bit Windows 7.  So far, I've managed to get the code running okay by visualizing that I'm running punchcards through the 360 system but I sure wish I had that debugger and could set breakpoints & stuff!

I'm running the 64 bit compiler, and about the only weird thing I can see is that my project is compiled in a subdirectory of "my documents" while using a program directory for the compiler tools. I've converted to the latest 1.40 build, and all my workarounds end up getting me only to the following screenshot. It's the best I can do in getting the debug to run.Perhaps it offers a clue?

Help. I've got a lot of seismic analysis utilities that I need ! 

Even better, I'd *love* to learn how to put a GUI front-end on this program!!

debug error

Hopefully you're just experiencing a path-related issue.  When you open the Debugger Options window (from the Options menu), what are the paths?  Do they point to the same locations as I mentioned to John in an earlier post above?  Also, where exactly are you saving your project (full path)?

The error you're seeing could be related to Insight itself, but I'm a bit unclear on whether you're seeing the same error when you simply launch your program.  The cryptic "No Disk" error used to occur with earlier versions of Simply Fortran if the computer on which the compiler was running had a removable drive that was a) not attached and b) hard-linked as "F:" in the Windows' disk management.  I was not aware of this issue with version 1.40, but it very well may have returned.   

As for an easy way to build a GUI, a preliminary solution is coming shortly.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC