Topic: Installer conflict with system folder, 'config.msi'

Sometimes when  I install SF, this happens (in the past, a lot;  recently, not to much)
It also happens a lot when uninstalling.

I encounter continual stoppages in the install process because of insufficient access rights to a folder called config.msi.
The config.msi folder, in the c:\ root directory, seems to be a hidden system folder.
I have been able to get past the stoppages every time by using the utility program, 'TakeOwnership' on config.msi.
But it is a real nuisance.  I sometimes have to do this maybe ten or more times during a single install or uninstall procedure.

I notice that, when the install or uninstall process has finished, the folder called called config.msi disappears.
Apparently, therefore, it is a temporary folder.  I wonder, therefore, whether it would be possible to place the temporary files created during this process, not in a folder in the C:\root directory, which is a place about which Win Doze systems trend to be a bit touchy, but to put them somewhere else.  Perhaps in a 'TEMP' folder in the program directory.
---
John

Re: Installer conflict with system folder, 'config.msi'

Hallo,
i try to make a BAT-File for this Fortran-Program

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
      PROGRAM ZPLANTF
      NE =0
      NP =10
C
C      OPEN (4, FILE='C:/f/ll61zpx1.txt', STATUS='OLD',ERR=42)
C
40    READ(4,100,END=41)KO
100   FORMAT(I2)
      NE=NE+KO
      WRITE(2,100)KO
      WRITE(3,*) NE
      IF(KO.LT.NP) GOTO 40
C     
41    WRITE (6,666)KO
666   FORMAT (1H0, "OLA KALLA",10X,"SEHR GUT",I4)
667   FORMAT (1H0, "OLA KAKA",10X,"INPUT-FEHLER")
      GOTO 43
42    WRITE (6,667)
43    STOP
      END
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

@ECHO OFF

TITLE ZORO

SET prgdir=C:\f\

SET logdir=C:\f\

SET daten=C:\f\

REM dir %prgdir%

SET program=C:\f\Project.exe

SET fort4=C:\\f\\ll61zpx1.txt

%program%
------------------------------------

but i make a mistake.

what is not correct?

Thanks
Kostas

Hi John,
why is my comment along with your comment?
I am a new forum member and I have made a determined incorrect addressing.
Do you have an idea for my Fortran problem?
Thanks
Kostas

Kostas,

To make a new topic, you would want to select Post new topic from the particular forum.  It looks like you may have replied to this topic mistakenly.

As for your question, is there any reason you're attempting to use environment variables rather than opening the file directly?  Additionally, one should always be careful when using single-digit unit numbers; many of these units have reserved definitions.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC