Topic: Build 1.40

I just downloaded the new build 1.40.  I have a rather large project -- I did a clean and now it seems like it is stuck on:

Syntax: Idle Indexing: Dependencies

Also, i have a error on the main screen that seems to indicate it can't read the old project.

Unexpected character at Line 1 character 188: ] (93) when reading array ({ or [ or ' or " or number or boolean or null expected) Context: us\\EnergyPlus.prj"],"Files":[]} ^

Do I need to start the project from scratch again?

-----
Linda

Re: Build 1.40

Tried an entire new build.  New project, add files, etc.

Same result

-----
Linda

Linda,

Recreating your project probably won't help matters.  The indexing task is stuck on dependencies.  I'll have a look on my end as to how that could be occurring immediately. 

The error on the start screen is probably related to a path issue that I hadn't foreseen.  Where do you save the project "EnergyPlus.prj," for example?  You might also try, if you have more than four projects, opening four in succession to clear out the recent list with all new projects.  It may snap the start screen back into working order.

I'll post here and email you directly once I see a spot where dependencies might be locking up.  Out of curiosity, how many files are currently in your project?

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Linda,

I just sent you an email with a possible fix for the indexing lockup.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

To update the start panel bug, apparently you will see this error if you have no recent files (or projects, but that is not the case here...).  A bug fix will be available shortly.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

On that machine, I have the projects in the default C:\SFProjects -- and then sub-folders for each projects. 

As I told you in email, I did go back and install 1.39 and things looked better (I did not look at that machine this morning but it was compiling when I left last night).  Also the start page looked fine again.

-----
Linda

May I suggest a button or a couple of menu functions to reset 'Recent' projects and files ?
---
J.

I really don't need buttons.  The new build fixed the project listing but not the building/slow dependencies.  (is 10 minutes slow enough when V1.39 did it within 30 seconds?)

-----
Linda

I meant Jeff might consider putting in a button or menu entry for us to use when we want to clear the Recent files and projects lists,
---
J.