Topic: Simply Fortran beginner - need help

i install simply fortran on my computer, 32-bit wins 7.
i need to compile a fortran work for my project, but it seems i can't even do the hello world program.

After i press build, it would be :

The system cannot find the path specified.

May i know what is the problem?

Re: Simply Fortran beginner - need help

Jacky,

Which version of Simply Fortran did you install?  You can check this be selecting "About..." from the Help menu.  Also, did you perform a full/complete install? 

The error you're seeing seems to suggest that Simply Fortran can't find one of the subprograms it relies upon.  Can you open "Make and Makefile..." from the Options menu and tell me what the two paths are in that window?

Sorry for the trouble.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

3 (edited by jacky 2013-03-25 13:46:40)

Jeff,

My Simply Fortran version is 1.9 and build 467. I am not sure bout the full install, i just install the program alone only. Do i need any sub program to support it or something?

And, this is what is written in the makefile:

#
# Automagically generated by Approximatrix Simply Fortran
#
FC="gnu\bin\gfortran.exe"
CC="gnu\bin\gcc.exe"
AR="gnu\bin\ar.exe"
TOUCH="gnu\bin\touch.exe"
RM=del

IDIR=
# -I error: Directory does not exist - gnu\include\

LDIR=
# -L error: Directory does not exist - gnu\lib\

SPECIALFLAGS=-g $(IDIR)

PRJ_FFLAGS=
PRJ_CFLAGS=
PRJ_LFLAGS=

FFLAGS=$(SPECIALFLAGS)  $(PRJ_FFLAGS) -Jmodules

CFLAGS=-g  $(IDIR) $(PRJ_CFLAGS)

build\hello.o: .\hello.f90
    $(FC) -c -o build\hello.o $(FFLAGS) .\hello.f90

clean: .SYMBOLIC
    $(RM) build\*.o
    $(RM) modules\*.mod
    $(RM) hello.exe

hello.exe:  build\hello.o
    $(FC) -o hello.exe $(PRJ_LFLAGS) -static build\hello.o $(LDIR)

all: hello.exe .SYMBOLIC

Does it mean i need the gnu program or something? thanks in advance.

And you can see, that i cant even run a simple hello world program.

Jacky, you're making things far too hard for yourself.  Uninstall SF 1.9 immediately then download and install SF 4.1 and try again.  I'm perfectly sure it will work straight away for you!
---
John

Jacky,

Where did you obtain Simply Fortran version 1.9?  That is an exceptionally old version.  The current version is 1.41.  Please let me know where you obtained the installer so I can ask the site to update to the latest version.

If you didn't download the installer from http://simplyfortran.com/, I would recommend performing a virus scan immediately.  Does the software report itself as "UNREGISTERED" in the title bar, or does it just say "Approximatrix Simply Fortran?"

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

The newest version that i downloaded expired already, so i can't use it. This 1.9 v is the only one with licensed i have. It does say Approximatrix Simply Fortran at the title bar. Would it be a problem if i am using th older version? Please advise.

Jacky,

I believe you're using a pirated copy.  If you haven't purchased a registration from Approximatrix, your copy of 1.9 is a hacked version.  It very likely contains malicious code, and we can't support any problems you're having with it.

If you'd like an extension for trying the current version, please let me know.  In the meantime, I strongly suggest you run a virus scan to protect against malicious code that may have been included with the hacked copy you've installed.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

8 (edited by jacky 2013-03-25 21:02:36)

Oh, my bad. I'm sorry if you felt offended. i got it from a friend. And yes, i do need an extension for the program. can i have the trial for another 30 days again? if it is useful to me, i will consider buying it.

Jacky,

No offense taken.  Send an email to support@approximatrix.com to request the extension, and I'll see to it that one is delivered tomorrow.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Ok. I have done that. Thanks a lot for your effort.