1 (edited by JohnWasilewski 2013-04-22 21:23:54)

Topic: Feature request - find calling program

With SF's comprehensive analysis of program structure, I assume that, whenever a user is editing any subprogram,  SF knows the names of all routines containing statements CALLing that subprogram, and the names of all the source files containing those routines.

It would be really useful if the context menu for a subprogram tab could display a list of calling routines for the currently-edited program and would then both open the one selected by the user and jump to the line with the subroutine or function call statement.

I daresay a slight complication would be when one or more of the calling statements is/are within routines contained in the same source file as the subprogram being called, but I doubt that this would be insuperable.

Would this facility be difficult to add to SF?
----
John

Re: Feature request - find calling program

John,

There is some work towards tracking all subprogram calls within Simply Fortran, but, no, it doesn't currently track all call locations.  It has some ability to scan for calls, but it is by no means complete.  The plan is to implement what you're suggesting along with basic refactoring (renaming a subprogram or module will update all references). Other items just keep getting in the way, but it is planned.  I'll start looking into it again.

-Jeff

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC