Topic: creating executable

I just recently downloaded version 2. In the previous version 1.45, it was possible to generate the executable without actually adding the 'fortran file' to a project. In other words one could have just double click the 'fortran file', then build and launch and you had your executable and output files. I cannot create an executable this special way with version 2.

What is the advantage of using the 'project approach' to generate the executable ?

Re: creating executable

I just tried the "quick" method with a single file in version 2, and I'm not seeing the problem you've described.  One requirement for the "quick" build scenario is that there be only one Fortran file open.  If any more than a single file is open, "quick" building (without a project) will not work.

If you only have the one file open, could you describe in detail the steps tat you're taking where this fails to allow you to build an executable? 

Sorry for the trouble.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

my operating system is windows xp. I got the the following :

'c:\documents' is not recognized as an internal or external command,operable program or batch file...press any key to continue.

I also so typical installation.

I double click my fortran file , click 'build now' and 'launch!'... and the above 'just mentioned comments' appeared on the screen.

I think there is a bug in how Simply Fortran is creating the batch file necessary to execute your program.  The root cause of the issue is the spaces in the path.  It sounds like your program is successfully building, but launching the program does not work properly.  I'll work on a fix ASAP. 

In the meantime, everything should work fine if you move your Fortran code to a directory that doesn't contain spaces in the path.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Additionally, I did want to point out that you should be able to launch the resultant executable from Windows explorer.  The error you're describing does not imply that the compilation failed.

I already have a fix implemented.  I'll let you know when it is available.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC