Topic: Debugger wish-list

No particular order

* keyboard hot-keys on the bottom line of the keyboard, as alternatives for F8, F9, shift-F9, for step-in/step-over.
   (perhaps with Shift, Ctrl or Alt).  Having to reach my whole arm across the keyboard, focus my eyes on F8 etc,
   and aim my stubby finger accurately, is a significant hindrance during quick-fire debugging sessions

* Resume FROM cursor.

* Edit contents of a variable.

* Better tools if possible to diagnose why my code caused the debugger to stop.  I often find I can get no clue
   from the  'stack' and 'threads' options, and, after a stoppage, variables all display, just *indeterminate*.

----
John

2 (edited by JohnWasilewski 2013-12-02 22:32:55)

Re: Debugger wish-list

No particular order
• keyboard hot-keys on the bottom line of the keyboard, as alternatives for F8, F9, shift-F9, for step-in/step-over.
   (perhaps with Shift, Ctrl or Alt).  Having to reach my whole arm across the keyboard, focus my eyes on F8 etc,
   and aim my stubby finger accurately, is a significant hindrance during quick-fire debugging sessions
• Resume FROM cursor.
• Edit contents of a variable.
• Better tools if possible to diagnose why my code caused the debugger to stop.  I often find I can get no clue
   from the  'stack' and 'threads' options, and, after a stoppage, variables all display, just *indeterminate*.

• FIND PROGRAM POINTER  is a priority request for me.
When the debugger pauses at breakpoints, I frequently need to work on a whole armful of subroutines, all opened in different tabs, and I frequently ALSO forget where the program pointer is.  I end up having to flip from tab to tab, searching for where I left it!  I do so wish there was a command which would select whichever of the tabs has the subroutine containing the program pointer, bring it to the front, and display the relevant part of that subroutine where the program pointer actually is.
This would stop me wasting just SO much time!

Re: Debugger wish-list

Hi John,

If you double click on the last subroutine shown on the stack view the correct tab will open to show you the current program pointer.

--
David