Topic: Application failed to start error

Jeff,
After successfully compiling a program that contains DISLIN to an exe using SF v2.7, I then tried to run it on another computer (both 32-bit) and received the follow error message,

"Application failed to start because libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll was not found."

As I've not received this error prior, I have no explanation of its occurrence.

Perhaps it's something inadvertent I've done when compiling, but its happened twice now.

Do you have any suggestions?

Frank

Re: Application failed to start error

Frank,

It could be a combination of issues.  DISLIN itself might be trying to locate that library.  However, it might be easier to change your linking settings.  In Project Options, click the new Linker Options button under Project Flags.  Next, make sure All Static is checked.  Finally, select Ok, then Ok, and save your project.

After you clean and build, I think the error should go away.

If not, you can also distribute the missing DLL(s) with your application.  The missing file is located in:

C:\Program Files\Simply Fortran 2\mingw-w64\mingw\lib32

I would suggest grabbing at least the DLL you mentioned and libgfortran-3.dll.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Re: Application failed to start error

Jeff,

Your first suggestion was right on.  The problem was not with DISLIN but with the linker. By changing the linking settings as you suggested corrected the problem.  The following error no longer occurs: "Application failed to start because libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll was not found."

Solution: In Project Options, click the new Linker Options button under Project Flags.  Next, make sure All Static is checked.  Finally, select Ok, then Ok, and save your project. After you clean and build, the error goes away.

Since there was no Linker Options button in older version of SF, this was not an issue before.

Thanks for you prompt reply.

Frank