Topic: upgrade does not work and messed up previous version

I just tried to upgrade Simply Fortran from version 1.14 to 2.7, and it did not work at all.
When I try to run the simple “Hello World” program I get the message “FILE libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll MISSING, TRY REINSTALLING THE PROGRAM”.
I get similar messages when running projects that were running under Simply Fortran 1.14
I already tried reinstalling either version of Simply Fortran to no use.
What should I do?

Re: upgrade does not work and messed up previous version

Version 1.14 is quite old at this point.  I would suggest uninstalling all copies of Simply Fortran first.  Next, if you'd like to continue using the 1.x series for which you own a registration, download and install Simply Fortran version 1.45 from the Download page under the Older Versions heading.  Your registration still applies to version 1.45, released this spring.

There is very likely a conflict between version 1.14 and any new versions because of the much older and generally incompatible install system used by version 1.14. 

If you'd like to try version 2.7 after upgrading to 1.45, you can install both alongside each other. 

If you need further help, please feel free to email me at jeffrey.armstrong@approximatrix.com.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Re: upgrade does not work and messed up previous version

I receive the same error with SF v2.7 that didn't occur with older versions of SF.  Jeff has identified the problem and the solution.

By changing the linking settings as Jeff suggested corrected the problem.  The following error no longer occurs: "Application failed to start because libgcc_s_sjlj-1.dll was not found."

Solution: In Project Options, click the new Linker Options button under Project Flags.  Next, make sure All Static is checked.  Finally, select Ok, then Ok, and save your project. After you clean and build, the error goes away.

Since there was no Linker Options button in older version of SF, this was not an issue before.

Frank