Topic: -ldis update?

Jeff,

There's a newer version of DISLIN available on the DISLIN web site.

I downloaded it (disgf_d.a and dislin_d.f90) and would like to include the new version files in my program.

In the SF project menu under linker options, the flag -ldis exists but I don't know how to redirect it to the newer verions DISLIN files.  If I include the newer disgf_d.a and dislin_d.f90 files in a SF DISLIIN module it compiles but DISLIN does not work as expected. 

Is -ldis retrieving older dislin files from somewhere else?

If I remove -ldis the program doesn't compile.

Perhaps I should not include disgf_d.a in a module in SF?

The older dislin version works fine using only dislin_d.f90 in a module and the linker -ldis option.

Any advice on how to use the dislin library would be welcome.

Frank

Re: -ldis update?

Frank,

If you're using DISLIN via the Package Manager, and I suspect you are based on the -ldis flag, you can do the following:

1.  Start the SF Package Manager.
2.  Select and uninstall DISLIN
3.  After it completes, select and install DISLIN
4.  Exit the SF Package Manager.
5.  Start Simply Fortran and open your DISLIN project.
6.  Clean and Build.

You might have to copy the dislin_d.f90 file from the Package Manager's directory to your project directory to replace the current file if DISLIN's interface changed drastically.  You can get to the Package Manager's directory by clicking "Open Managed Files" from within the Package Manager.  It should be in <32 or 64>\share\dislin\modules.

The DISLIN package always accesses and downloads the latest version from DISLIN's website.  Approximatrix does not distribute DISLIN as we are not licensed or authorized to do so.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Re: -ldis update?

Jeff,

As usual, your suggestion worked fine.

Per your suggestion:
1.  Start the SF Package Manager.
2.  Select and uninstall DISLIN
3.  After it completes, select and install DISLIN
4.  Exit the SF Package Manager.
5.  Start Simply Fortran and open your DISLIN project.
6.  Clean and Build.

For future reference, is there a way to link the libdis.a (disgf.a) file directly without using the package manager and the -ldis linker option?

Thanks,
Frank