Topic: AppGraphics CreateRadioButton() Background Color?

Hi Jeff,

I'm having difficulty setting the background color of radiobuttons in a text window in AppGraphics (CreateRadioButton()).

The Window background color is set to White (call setbkcolor(WHITE) but the Radiobutton background color appears as the System color (Color_Window_Bkgd) regardless of what I set the window background color.

call setcolor(BLACK)
        call setbkcolor(WHITE)
        call clearviewport()

call beginradiogroup()
        src(1) = createradiobutton(90, 30, 95, 20, units(1))
        src(2) = createradiobutton(90, 50, 95, 20, units(2))
        src(3) = createradiobutton(90, 70, 95, 20, units(3))

Is there a way to set the background color of RadioButtons to match the Window background?

One other none related request is for one Button in a series (using createbutton()) to be automatically selected as the "default" button when the <Enter> key is pressed.

I thank you for your help in this matter.

Frank

Re: AppGraphics CreateRadioButton() Background Color?

Frank,

The "background color" of a radio button can't be set right now, and I'd consider it a bug.  I'll change the code so that background color assignments apply to radio buttons and check boxes as well.

I think adding a subroutine to assign a default button is a great idea!  I'll see that it is added.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Jeff,

Please also consider revising the "foreground color" of a radio button so that it can also be set to any color.  Currently the font text in radio buttons are set to Black and cannot be changed (similar issue as the background color).

Thank you, I look forward to these revisions.

Frank

Frank,

The backgrounds of radio and checbox buttons will now match the last-set color sent to setbkcolor() for a given window.  This solution might not be ideal, but it should work for 90% of cases.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Jeff,

Thank you for looking into and correcting the background color of buttons.

I assume the update will appear when version 2.27 of SF becomes available.

Thanks again,

Frank

Frank,

The update will absolutely be in version 2.27.  It should be available early next week at the latest.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC