Topic: Resource Compiler Issue in 2.30

A user contacted us late yesterday about a resource compiler issue in 2.30 build 2266 on Windows.  Basically, it was no longer working, emitting a somewhat cryptic error message.  The mixup occurred because the underlying Binutils package was updated, but the necessary patches had not been applied to properly support Windows paths with spaces.

Build 2276 fixes the resource compiler issue for Windows users.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

2 (edited by JohnWasilewski 2016-09-14 06:33:33)

Re: Resource Compiler Issue in 2.30

Thanks for this, Jeff.

I was just about to post a feedback report that I couldn't get the AntTweakBar example to work, after installing it from SFPM, when I went into the Package Manager forum and found this. Updating SF to the latest build did correct it.

Your proud boast, on your recently updated web page, "Exceptional Support... rapid turnaround times", fails to mention that the turnaround times sometimes need to be expressed as negative numbers!

Like when Linford Christie, sprint runner, was once disqualified for jumping the gun.  Photo-recording sgowed he'd started off the blocks at 0.2 seconds after the starting pistol was fired.  Incredibly, the decision was that he must have jumped the gun because human reactions are not as fast as that.  He said, "I don't start "after I hear the 'BANG',   I start after the 'B' of the 'BANG' " !

Your support turnaround most certainly jumps the gun, though!  Disqualification. Definitely!
---
John