Topic: Aplot

Hi Jeff,

Is there a way to modified the File options in Aplot (e.g., File/ 'Save As', 'Print', 'Close')?

Can an option be removed?

Is the 'Close' option the same as 'X' in the upper right?  Do they both execute the same command Destroy()?

Does the File/Close always close the plot or is 'X' needed in some instances?

Stay safe,
Frank

Re: Aplot

Frank,

Right now, there is no way to modify the Aplot menu or window at all.  The "Close" option works the same as the "X" button in the title bar (or at least it should...), and it should always work.  I can look into adding some flexibility, but Aplot is meant to be cross-platform.  Its functionality is somewhat restricted by what is possible on all three supported systems.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Thanks Jeff,

I agree, any extra effort in modifying Aplot would not result in it being any more robust.  It works fine as is.

Were there any other modifications to the new version of Aplot other than the following, "The Aplot plotting library has been improved on Windows to eliminate the possible closure of multiple plots when plots are requested in rapid succession."?

What exactly do you mean by rapid succession?  Surely your not implying that fast finger selection of the close button was an issue.  Then you must mean executing the command Destroy() in rapid succession, is this correct?

I just wanted to make sure if anyone has experienced any unusual behavior with the 'Close' button. If the code for closing Aplot has not changed, then all is well.

Thank you and stay safe,
Frank

Frank,

I was actually referring to the bug reported in this thread.  If you display a plot and the code is designed to display another plot immediately following the first, it can result in the second plot closing immediately.  We've fixed that bug so a delay doesn't have to be artificially implemented (or we think we fixed the bug).

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC