Topic: Renaming project files issue

Hi Jeff,

Hope you're doing well. I'm having problems rebuilding a project after renaming the project and project files even though the old files were removed.

When I rename the files in the project and rename the project,  save them all, then once I clear and rebuild the files that were renamed they disappear from the project.  Note, that he old files that were renamed were removed prior to saving the new project name. Why are the new renamed files being removed from the project?

Using SF version 3.21, build 3594 on a MS Surface Pro PC.

Frank

Re: Renaming project files issue

Frank,

I believe there is a bug in the "Rename" feature that I need to examine.  I've seen similar behavior.

In the meantime, I think you'll need to either handle renaming from Windows Explorer, adding the files to the project after the rename is complete, or use "Save As" and add the newly saved files to the project.

I'll give you an update tomorrow on the bug.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Frank,

I've been trying for a while to replicate this issue, and I can't seem to get this behavior to occur.  Have you tried the latest builds to see if the problem persists?  Could you provide a step-by-step scenario that causes the problem to occur?

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Jeff,

The new build 3600 may have resolved the problem, at least I've not seem it occur since installing the new version.  However, I've experienced renamed files appearing in the project list that cannot be opened.  This occurs when I,
1. open a file in the project menu, rename it, and save it back to the project menu, then close it from display.
2. then the renamed file cannot be opened from the project menu.  Nothing happens when selecting the file in the project menu. So it must be reloaded from the disk.

This issue occurs using the C: drive or USB storage.  This is not a major issue, but a nuisance.

I hope this is helpful.
Frank