1 (edited by tun_day 2022-02-05 23:33:02)

Topic: Build problem

Build cannot open my Fortran include files. They are included in the project along with my source files. Here's the error message
Error: Can't open included file 'igesproc.inc'

Re: Build problem

Are the include files in the same directory as the source files?  If not, you need to manually add the directory containing these include files to the list of search directories in the Project Options window under the File Locations category.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Problem solved. The include files were inside a subfolder in the project folder. Problem solved by moving the include files into the parent project folder. On the other hand, there was no problem finding source files which are organized into various subfolders in the project folder.

Files pulled in through the INCLUDE statement in a user's source code are handled entirely differently by the compiler than providing it a source file name.  When Simply Fortran constructs the makefile, it provides relative paths to the source files.  However, our arbitrarily adding directories to search for include files could be problematic.  I'll see about adding that feature as an option, but it would be off by default.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC