Topic: Packages gone

Hi Jeff,
With the last release of Simply Fortran, the package templates seem to have been removed and can't be re-added. Is this just my install and do I need to do something to restore them?
Regards,
Pete

Re: Packages gone

Pete,

That sounds like a bug.  Let me look into it.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Pete,

I can't replicate the issue, but I'm wondering if the installer perhaps overwrote a custom installation location for packages with the default.  Can you do the following:

1. Open the SF Package Manager
2. Select "Open Folder"

Are the package directories present?   There should be 32, 64, templates, and, maybe, data.  Is there anything in the templates directory?

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

4 (edited by peter.kelly 2023-11-12 02:27:02)

Jeff,
Templates has only plplot information. Data has a lot of json files as well as 2 csv files, "available.csv" and "installed.csv" ."installed shows 3 entries", available shows many. I used the package manager to uninstall the 3 packages it believed were installed and then re-installed them. This didn't help, when I select (in project options) the available package flags, it is blank, not even Aplot is there.
Regards,
Pete
"EDIT" - I did a repair install and the issue was not fixed.

Peter,

What version of Simply Fortran and the SF Package Manager do you have installed?  They now both must be upgraded to the latest versions (3.32 and 2.2 respectively) to work correctly.  To fix an issue with not providing package flags outside of 32-bit projects, the way flags are now stored was changed dramatically in 2.2 of the SF Package Manager.

There probably should have been an announcement about that change.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

6 (edited by peter.kelly 2023-11-13 01:09:47)

Hi Jeff,
That seems to have fixed it. My Package Manager was 2.0. I updated it and was able to get things going again! Thanks very much!
Regards,
Pete