Topic: Multipanel editing in 1.33 is brilliant

!

Re: Multipanel editing in 1.33 is brilliant

SUGGESTION :
An option to freeze the file displayed by a tab to prevent accidental editing.
Maybe ghosting the tab or its filename, or greying the tab or lightly colouring it as an indicator that editing it is blocked.

WHY?
Because one often needs to bring up one source file to see how something was done, when editing another one, or to find a superseded version of a file to find some part of teh new version that needs changing back to how it was before, and it's very easy to edit the wrong one by accident.  Before ver.1.33, I used to use two editors side-by-side for this, and I had a continual of  finding I'd accidentally been carefully altering the file in wrong editor for the past 40 minutes.
---
John

Re: Multipanel editing in 1.33 is brilliant

John,

Great suggestion, and I agree completely with you.  Additionally, there is currently a bug that occurs when a tab closes.  Basically, many functions that rely on a handle to the current editor tab will fail after a panel closes, such as searching within the editor.  The fix is simply to select another tab and switch back immediately.  Another user brought this problem to my attention in private, and I'm working to correct it.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC