Topic: Strange behaviour with mapped drive

Today, I've just done the first cold boot on my laptop for a long time, after a Windows update, and SF2.1 can't find any of my projects.

I use the excellent utility, 'Visual Subst' to map the pathname of the directory containing all my GFortran projects to a virtual "g:\" drive. 

After a little experimentation, I've discovered that:

SF2.1 can no longer see my g:\ drive.  When I enter "g:\" into a project open dialog, it gives an error.  It tells me the g:\ drive does not exist whenever I type G:\ into ANY project or file opening dialog.

SF1.45 CAN see my g:\ drive because it correctly loads the project and displays all filenames.

The SF1.45 editor seemingly CAN'T see the files properly in the project list because all project files are empty when I double-click them.  However, when I explicitly enter G:\ in a file open dialog, the editor successfully finds and opens any source file.

Other application software, such as M$Word2007, CAN see my G:\ drive, and can open any of my source files stored there.

WINDOWS EXPLORER cannot see my "g:\" drive.  It also can't find it when I type in "g:\".
I find that //really// strange.

Jeff, have you any idea what's going on here?
---
John

2 (edited by JohnWasilewski 2013-08-25 20:24:15)

Re: Strange behaviour with mapped drive

I have managed to open my project in SF2.1 without using the full pathname by defining my GFortran projects directory pathname as a Win 7 'library' instead of a mapped drive.

I'm still baffled by the above and it's still unsolved, but it isn't important any more.
---
J.

John,

Sounds like a strange problem.  The fact that Windows explorer is having trouble suggests that the utility that maps G: didn't start properly.  I'm not sure I have any suggestions for that issue off the top of my head.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

I agree.  I think it's some kind of Windowspeculiarity.
If I think of anything I'll post it here.
---
J.