Topic: Window split function

I want to split the view into two window horizontally or vertically as it does in CVF/DVF.

It is very convenient in programming.

If you would append this function,  I want to know if it can be appended in major version 2.x.

Re: Window split function

If you're talking about displaying two (or more) files side by side, you can already do this in Simply Fortran.  Right-click on an editor tab and select the desired behavior under "Move to New Panel..."  This feature has been present for quite a few versions now, although it is easy to miss.

If you're talking about displaying the same file in a split view, then, no, this feature isn't supported at this time.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Thanks for your quick response

I mean the later, displaying the same file in a split view.

Do you have any plan to add this feature in the near future ?

Your fortran IDE is quite good for me.   Th interface is concise but the function is powerful.

I expect it can become a little more mature before buying it.

Honestly, this feature is not planned at the moment.  It could be added with some work (the editing components support it).  I would be interested to hear if any other users are looking for this feature.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

mybiandou wrote:

Thanks for your quick response
I mean the later, displaying the same file in a split view.
Do you have any plan to add this feature in the near future ?
Your fortran IDE is quite good for me.   Th interface is concise but the function is powerful.
I expect it can become a little more mature before buying it.

When I want to see two parts of the same source file, I just save a second copy with a temporary filename (eg 'Filename.dev'), then open them both, one in the second window.

Quite a few other editors do offer this feature.  John's solution would work, but I can see how it would be highly frustrating if one is used to being able to see two views of the same file simultaneously.  I'll have a look at how this might be implemented in Simply Fortran.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

I must say, that would be rather useful.