1 (edited by JohnWasilewski 2014-03-06 17:30:08)

Topic: Preserving the tabs left open at last exit

Just a quick note to say how much I appreciate this new feature which I think appeared in 2.11.

I do my Fortran development work in my 'spare' time, which means that it inches forward mostly, sometimes leaps forward, and quite often slips backward, all at quite erratic intervals.  I don't doubt that this is familiar territory to plenty of others as well.

Sometimes I can do a total of maybe 20 hours, spread over a few successive days.  At other times, I can maybe snatch 45 minutes between long periods away from my development work.  I'm also usually obliged to break off from what I'm doing at inconvenient points in the work, for example, because I have to get off a train, or (perish the thought) actually go to bed before morning!  I rarely have the luxury of being able to reach a sensible point in my debugging, so that I'll be able to resume easily as and when I'm ab;le to return to it.

In consequence of this, it has often been very difficult to reconstruct in my head where exactly I was in teh process, what worked and what didn't, what still remains to be tried, etc..  With more than 50 subprograms in my cirrent project, it is also very difficult to kremember where to look, to find out what I need to do next.

The new feature I refer to in the caption to this post is proving to be a HUGE help in all of the above. 
I love the fact that everything just opens, exactly as it was when last I left It's only a small  detail, I know, but I'm finding it a most excellent improvement!
---
John

Re: Preserving the tabs left open at last exit

John,

I'm glad it's proven useful.  Ideally I would have liked the tabs to open in the same configuration as well (tab positioning, in other words), but this solution was easy to implement and moved the feature forward about 90% to where it should be.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC