Topic: Enable/Disable Compiling issue

Hi Jeff,

There appears to be a problem when recompiling a module that has been disabled in the Project menu.
Let me try and explain.  Say there's 3 modules in the project and one of them is the main regression Program Regres and the other two are interchangeable Func1 and Func2 modules containing two different mathematical functions.  At any one time, only one of the Func modules is enabled.  When Func1 and Regress are enabled (Func2 disabled) and compiled, all compiles and runs fine.  The same for Func2 and Regress.  However, if I now revise Func2, enable it and disable Func1, it doesn't recompile but only the previously compiled Func1 and Regress run even though Func1 is now disabled.

Perhaps someone else has also experienced this issue with enable/disable.

Wishing you and your family a Happy, Healthy, and Prosperous New Year 2015!

Frank

Re: Enable/Disable Compiling issue

Frank,

I'm wondering if, after you disable one file and enable another, do you first do a Clean before building again?  What I would guess is happening is, after you disable the file and hit "Build," the make system will see that the executable already exists, and it will do nothing.  I suppose Simply Fortran could take some sort of action to force a rebuild, but that could be problematic for large projects where a rebuild might take a long time.

If I've misunderstood what's occurring, though, please let me know.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Re: Enable/Disable Compiling issue

Jeff,

You are correct, but I was assuming if a file is revised even though other files in the same project are unchanged then SF would re-compile the project and create a new executable of the same name.

Perhaps there could be an 'option' to rebuild on revision.

Frank