Topic: Search Project request.

Jeff,
Would it be possible to add "Match Case" and "Whole Word" when searching an entire project?  My problem is that the author of the project I inherited used variables like 'istop', 'kstop', 'lstop', etc. and currently when I search the project for 'stop', I get everything that contains 'stop' in it.
Don

Re: Search Project request.

Don,

This feature can probably be added.  Let me have a look over the next week or so.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

3 (edited by davidb 2015-02-05 22:46:02)

The "Find ..." dialog has "whole word", "Match case" and a "Regex" checkboxes.

The Regex checkbox is very powerful and allows Scintilla regular expressions to be used. When this is ticked you can search for a whole word by enclosing it in \< and \>. To search for stop as a single word, just enter \<stop\> as the search string. There are many other possible uses.

The only issue I have found, which I don't understand, is that selecting "Regex" disables the search direction.

The "Find in Project ..." dialog doesn't have the "Whole word" or "Regex" feature and both of these would be useful.

Perhaps "Find in Project ..." should honor the settings made in "Find ..." ? Would this be the easiest way to implement this ? Or possibly have checkboxes in the "Find in Project ..." dialog ?

--
David

Don and David,

This feature, as David described it, is now implemented in the development version (simple case matching to full regex support).

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Jeff, you are a wonder!!!!
Thanks

Don