Topic: a simple request

Jeff,
Would it be possible to 'dim out' the debug icon after it's been clicked?  I keep clicking it when I meant to click 'Continue'.  As you see, not critical - just helpful to me....
Don

P.S. I really like the new features in 2.21.  I give you one more 'Hoo Boy!!!!'

2 (edited by davidb 2015-02-13 18:39:46)

Re: a simple request

Good idea Don!

It would be good to disable this button once the debugging session has begun and only re-enable it when the user presses the "stop debugging" button  (Ctrl-Shift-F7) or Terminate button. This would prevent multiple presses of the debug button. This also incidentally solves the problem in the "Stopping debugging when run has stopped" thread and makes the suggestion there unnecessary (though you could do both smile ).

There are already safe guards in place which prevent multiple, concurrent runs outside the debugger. cool

Have a great weekend.

PS. Jeff, There seems to be two download links on the download page, one for 2.21 and one for 2.20 (at the top).

--
David

The "Debug" button is now disabled if the debugger is already running  in the development version.  Oddly enough, the corresponding menu entry was disabled already, but the button remained active.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

There is a new build (1827) of Simply Fortran available that now disables the "Debug" button if the debugger is already running.  Thank you for the suggestion!

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC