Topic: Handling multiple window

Friendly greetings !

Using appgraphic, on windows 10 :
I have 2 windows ("main_screen" and "printer_screen") created with initwindow on startup. One with closeflag TRUE and the other one FALSE.
When i close any of them, the whole program close.

Is this supposed to happens ?

My main is really simple :

CALL initsomestuff()
CALL initsomeotherstuff()
CALL loop()
CALL closewindow(main_screen)
END PROGRAM

Thank you

Re: Handling multiple window

When any window is closed in AppGraphics, it also triggers a call to stopidle.  I don't believe the documentation explicitly outlines this, but it is indeed true.  In your program, when you close either window, the program will exit the loop call immediately.

I do see a problem with this configuration, though.  AppGraphics maybe does require a more explicit way of determining the event that caused stopidle to be called.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Do you have any workaround idea for this ?
and i don't understand the purpose of the closeflag if it's not for this exact problem hmm

thank you smile

You can reliably count on closeflag to end the program if set to .TRUE..  So in your case, I would rewrite the program as:

CALL initsomestuff()
CALL initsomeotherstuff()
DO WHILE(.TRUE.)
    CALL loop()
    CALL setcurrentwindow(main_screen)
END DO
CALL closewindow(main_screen)
END PROGRAM

The above assumes that, after closing a secondary window, you always want main_screen to be the current window.

What AppGraphics really should have is the option for a callback when a window is closed so that your code can handle anything it might need to do like set a different window as current or possibly end the program more gracefully than what closeflag allows.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Thank you ! I'll work with that smile