Topic: SF Project Folder Location?

Hi Jeff,

Using the current version of SF, when opening a project.prj and then using "Save as project.prj", it doesn't always save the project in the folder where the prj file is located.  It appears to open the previously opened project folder and not the current one.  Is there a way to have SF always save the current project.prj in the location where it was opened?

Frank

Re: SF Project Folder Location?

Frank,

I'm not sure I understand the question.  Are you saying "Save Project As..." does not start in the folder you're expecting?

or...

Are you saying that after using "Save Project As..." it continues to save using the original project name that preceded the "Save Project As..." operation?

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Jeff,

You asked, "Are you saying "Save Project As..." does not start in the folder you're expecting?"
My answer is yes, that's correct, but only if I've previously opened a different project and then open a new project.  When Save Project As is used, the new project folder is actually the old previous folder. Is this by design?

Frank

Jeff,

I should have been more specific regarding the issue.  The issue of the project folder origin occurs when opening project.prj projects using windows File Explorer, not from within the SF development environment.

The prior behavior for opening/saving projects was basically "undefined."  A directory to start inside was never passed to the file dialogs when opening or saving a project.

Now the behavior is pretty well defined:

- Save Project As should now open in the current project's directory.  If the current project directory isn't known or defined, it should start in the default project directory as defined in Appearance and Behavior Options under Project Behavior.

- Open Project will start in the current project's directory as well.  Similarly, if no project is loaded yet, it now starts in the default project directory again.

It seems more sensible.  Hopefully that covers your issue!  When opened via double-clicking a project in Explorer, it was starting in, effectively, the last "current" directory.  It shouldn't behave that way anymore.

EDIT: Well, it will work as defined above starting with Simply Fortran 3.35

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for taking the time to resolve this minor SF issue. 

I'm sure everyone appreciates your attention to detail and the extra effort you spend in resolving issues expeditiously.

Thanks again,
Frank