Topic: gfortran error : "there is no disk" device\Harddisk2\DR2

I have just installed the  Simply Fortran and as soon as I start working, even only creating a new project or file, I get an error message saying   gfortran.exe - There is no disk. Please insert a disk in de unit \Device\Harddisk\DR2.
I am running Windows 7 . Does anybody know how to fix this?

Re: gfortran error : "there is no disk" device\Harddisk2\DR2

Could you try, at least initially, disabling automatic syntax checking?  This can be disabled in the Options menu, if you can get far enough to do so.

Let me know if that helps.

EDIT: I've been told by another user that this action will not fix the problem.  It's being investigated now.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Thanks for your fast answer. I tried but it did not work.

I create a project. I had a source file (hello) and when I build, I get the message. By the way, the only way of killing the message is by shutting down the system, I cannot close the message window neither using the task manager at process level.

I wanted to post an update on the issue surrounding this bug.  Basically, the compiler build server was writing the final compiler product to an "F:" drive.  Due to a bug in GCC itself (http://gcc.gnu.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=46501, among other reports), the references to "F:" from the build server were leaking into the final compiler products. 

Normally the reference to F: wouldn't be a problem because most Windows machines won't have a permanent entry for this drive unless it was permanently connected.  However, if Windows disk management has somehow decided to permanently assign a certain removable device the "F:" identifier and the device isn't connected, the user will see this cryptic message reported by the original author.

To fix the issue, we've moved the final build location on the server to the "C:" drive, which almost every Windows machine will have present. The fixed version will appear with Simply Fortran 1.30, which is slowly moving towards release.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

That must have been an absolute sod to to track down

Thanks! When more or less do you expect to have the new release?

Version 1.30's installer is finally ready for testing.  There were some packaging issues as Simply Fortran is transitioning to Windows Installer (it had been using Nullsoft Scriptable Install System).  I would expect the release to be available early next week.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Thanks!!

Version 1.30 is now available if you haven't seen yet.  Let me know if you still see the error.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC