Topic: Adding Packages to Project

I am a new user and I used the package manager to add various packages. I then created a f30gl freeglut project.
How do I add the other packages to this project.

Thanks

Re: Adding Packages to Project

This aspect of the Package Manager is not ideal, but there isn't an automated way to "add" packages to your project.  It's not hard to do, though.  All the packages lie on the compiler's search path by default.  So if you've already created your F03GL project, you can open Project Options (via the Options menu) and see see the appropriate libraries added to the Linker Flags section.

Now if you want to add, for example, LAPACK95 to your project that is already using F03GL, you'll simply need to add the appropriate libraries to this box.  For this example, you would add the following:

-llapack95 -llapack -lblas

The real difficulty is knowing what libraries you'll need to add.  Normally, you would create an empty LAPACK95 project, and these flags would already be present.  However, it's difficult to add these library flags manually without creating a LAPACK95 project, copying the necessary flags, opening your F03GL project, and pasting the copied flags into Linker Flags.  The issue can be further complicated if some additional support code exists in the example/empty project that you'd like to incorporate with your F03GL project.

If you need assistance with a particular package and integrating it with your F03GL project, please don't hesitate to ask.  I'll be happy to assist if there is some confusion with flags.

I know other users have requested the ability to select packages and combine them into one project in an automated fashion.  It is a great idea, and I just need to implement it.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Thanks

I will try your suggestion

As an additional note, Simply Fortran 2.9 will allow users to select installed packages and apply their compiler and linker flags within the Project Options dialog.  It seems to be working well at this point.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC