Topic: Where are my output files?

When running SF in the past the code placed my output files in the same file as the project and associated source code files.  As of a couple of days ago the code stopped updating at execution termination and when I opened a new file called "TEST" and simply wrote the word "test" to it.  The file did not show up in the above file.  Does anyone know where it went?  Does anyone know why my old output files are not updating or where the new output is going?

Re: Where are my output files?

Under the circumstance you've described, the output from your program should be written to the same directory where your project was saved.  I'm not exactly sure about some of the details you've  described, though.  A few questions:

1.  Are you working with a project?  If you add your Fortran files to a project and save said project, the working directory whenever the resulting executable is run from Simply Fortran should be the directory in which the project was saved.  This directory is not necessarily the same as the directory where your Fortran source code is saved.

2.  I'm not sure what you mean when you say "the code stopped updating at execution termination."  Are you saying that the program you wrote is no longer generating output like you expected?

3.  The "TEST" file you opened: did you open it with Simply Fortran, or are you saying you opened it from you Fortran code that you authored?   

I can't yet explain exactly what's occurring in your situation.  However, I'm sure we can figure out what's going on.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Thanks Jeff.  I solved problem temporarily by inputing the whole file path starting from C: when I defined the file in the F90 open statement.  That's only a temporary fix, however, since when I send the executable to someone else they won't necessarily have the same path to the file that I have.  I think I can get around that by having the file sent directly to the C: directory.

Jeff.  I opened a new folder and copied the source files into it with the file OPEN statements removed.  I then manually typed the required open statements with just the filenames and not the whole file path.  The code now operates as it should with the output files turning up in the folder containing the project and associated source code.

That still doesn't explain what happened previously but, at this point, who cares - the code is running properly.  Thanks again!

PS  I really appreciate getting a running FORTRAN environment at a price I, as an individual, can afford!