Topic: False error messages

When I have 'in-line errors' switched on in the editor, I am getting a couple of false error messages which I cannot make go away.

I list them below, under the lines of code which appear to trigger them;

Subroutine FNew

Warning:Non-existent include directory "C:\Users\JWASIL~1\Appdata\Local\Temp\sf 7EF4.tmp

USE WinStuff

Fatal error: Can't open module file 'Winstuff.mod' for reading at (1): No such file or directory

I know these are false errors because,
- I've never heard of, let alone tried to use an include directory by that name.
- The line of code on which the error is flagged is just a first line of a subroutine.
- Many other subroutines have the USE WinStuff statement, without error.
- WinStuff DOES exist.
- This subroutine compiles and builds without error.

Doing a CLEAN and BUILD works successfully, but these error messages keep popping back up.
(Jeff, see also an email showing a page of code)
---
John

Re: False error messages

John,

I replied via email.  Basically, those are related to some sort of issue with the syntax checker being able to read a temporary directory it thinks exists.   If you switch to the Project Issues panel and click the refresh button, it should make the errors disappear.  It should be hiding those types of errors from the user, though.  I'll have to look at things.  If clicking refresh doesn't work, let me know.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Re: False error messages

After another couple of days of development, with continual editing and re-compiling, all of these false errors seem to have [almost] gone away on their own.

When I select the Project Issues tab, the list appears, of source files with errors and warnings, and clicking on the [+] for each of them, to expand them all, still produces, in some cases, a purported "Fatal Error:can't open winstuff.mod for reading at (1): no such file or directory" , which I know to be a false error.

However, when I double click on each false error to open the apparently-offending source file, the corresponding false error message now disappears from the Project Issues tab list.

'Refresh' seems also to clear them.

Thank you Jeff.
---
J.