Topic: array constructor syntax error

I am completely new to Simply Fortran and am trying an evaluation copy of the software.  In attempting to compile a program that I've written, I've run into an apparent syntax error in an array initialization.  However, I don't see where the error is.  I've attached an image of the offending code with the error message included.  Can someone point me in the right direction?

SF syntax error

Re: array constructor syntax error

Ok, I think I solved my problem.  After I placed a space before the "/" at the end of the array constructor, I was able to compile without error.  I still don't understand why the presence or absence of that space would make any difference, though.

Spaces are now significant in Fortran (whereas they were not significant in Fortran 77).

The (/ and /) are tokens that must not be split by spaces. In the image you show the error is due to the presence of the space between / and ). The fact you have no space before the / doesn't matter though.

You can use [ and ] instead of (/ and /) in Fortran 2003 onwards.

--
David

David, thanks for clarifying this for me.  I should have noted that I also removed the space after the "/" before compiling so that the end of the array initialization then read "...0.29D0 /)."  Actually I had originally placed that space inadvertently, but the compiler that I'd been using previously (LF95) allowed the syntax error.

Brian wrote:

... I also removed the space after the "/" before compiling so that the end of the array initialization then read "...0.29D0 /).

I thought so.

The Lahey compiler is Excellent but was incorrect to allow /   ) as a delimiter  without an error.

--
David