Topic: SAVE FILE problem

Very strange, and probably a Windows problem, not a SF editor fault, but I report it here in case anyone else has a similar experience and can offer any guidance.

Using SF 2.22.1858
I am currently encountering this problem every time I try to save any source file:

When I edit a source file then try to SAVE it,
(i) Error message box:

+------------------------------------+
       | Problem saving file...             | 
       | [!] Failed to save file:           |
       | C:\Users\...{pathname to file}     |

(ii) I find that the file HAS in fact been saved, but truncated to 255 bytes, with all the rest completely lost.

Fortunately, I've been able to recover the lost code from backups.

I have tested repeatedly and investigated various possibilities to try to find what might be causing this. 

(1) This same problem is occurring with BOTH the 64 and 32 bit versions. 
(2) It seems not to be any kind of corruption in the file because I CAN successfully edit and save the same file(s) without error from outside SF, using a different editor.
(3) I have tried running "Take Ownership" on the parent directory and all subfolders. 
(4) I have tried running SF 'as an administrator'.
(5) I have tried using SAVE-AS instead of SAVE.  This also fails but, instead of displaying the "Problem saving file..." error message as above, it crashes fwin.exe, AND it does save the file, truncated to 255 characters as before.
(6) I have tried running a system diagnostics/checking/correcting program (I use Ashampoo "WinOptimizer" ver.11, which has always proved very reliable).  Does not fix the problem.
(7) The only thing I haven't yet done is CHKDSK C:/ /R.  Or rather, I've issued that command to the CMD prompt, but I haven't yet done the reboot to allow it to run.  Because of test (2) above, I think it very unlikely this will find and cure anything here.

So, this is proving to be a real headache!
Any ideas, anybody?
---
John

Re: SAVE FILE problem

John,

This was a known issue with Build 1858.   Build 1859 fixes this issue.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

If you want to read more about the issue:

http://forums.approximatrix.com/viewtop … 1957#p1957

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

4 (edited by JohnWasilewski 2015-03-27 09:06:38)

Thanks Jeff.  I should have looked there in the first place, but it didn't occur to me.