Topic: Version 2.23 issues with AppGraphics

As per an earlier thread, http://forums.approximatrix.com/viewtopic.php?id=445, I find difficulties with the version 2.23 AppGraphics implementation.

In the above thread, Jeff mentioned that he added the ability to justify the text within a textbox, so I down loaded and tried using that. Well, from what I can see, something is amiss as now my code won't run. I tried recompiling Jeff's Convert sample program and that behaves oddly too.

From my debug session, I get a debugger popup window with the following text "Signal received: SIGSEGV -  Segmentation fault" upon executing the call to "settextboxcontents".

I am not sure where to go with this but perhaps it is not my issue since Jeff's code also seems to have a problem too.

Rod

Re: Version 2.23 issues with AppGraphics

Rod,

I'll have a look at the library code.  There's probably a nasty bug.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Ok Jeff.

Funny, I was putting the final cosmetic touches into my plotting program and got it so it was just how I wanted it. Then I again noticed the text box justification and I remembered that you put a provision to use justification within text boxes. So I down loaded the newest version and make some changes to accommodate the test justification, compiled and crash! No joy! Haha on me for not saving the last good code. At least I saved the executable to use if needed.

Rod,

The crash is occurring in the latest library because of the following scenario:

1.  A request to set the text in the first text box in your program is made

2.  Due to an indexing error in the library, the lookup for the index of the text box in an internal array fails and returns the constant CONTROLS_ERROR.  However...

3.  The program proceeds with the invalid index, attempting to access an array based on the constant CONTROLS_ERROR without actually checking if the value is within array bounds, leading to...

4.  Crash.

So there were two bugs: an indexing error and a failure to check access to text boxes based on an internal index.   Both have been fixed, and a new build fixing everything should be available today.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

A new build (1876) is now available on the Download page that should fix the AppGraphics issues.  Let me know if you encounter any further problems.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Jeff, would it be feasible for the build number to appear discreetly somewhere, so that your closest supporters/followers can spot when an unannounced minor fix appears?

The build number is always listed on the Download page, but occasionally the updates are unannounced.  Did you have something else in mind?

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Jeff,

I download the new build and rebuilt my plotting code. Looks like the issue is fixed. I then polished off my program with a few changes and I have a "finished" program with all the features I need for now. I have updated the screen shot with the final view, showing right justified text boxes. Here is a link if you are interested.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/grogley/16657689950/

Thanks for the speedy fix. Who has such great customer service these days? You do! Keep up the excellent work!

Rod

jeff wrote:

The build number is always listed on the Download page

I was being obtuse.  I hadn't noticed it.
I must pay MORE ATTENTION!
---
J.

I actually thought you meant a more prominent place on the homepage somewhere, which could be useful.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC