Topic: dlgrequesttext problem

used this fn reference per document

rtn = dlgrequesttext(dr_inp, ttl, lbl)
rtn -  logical
dr_- inp, ttl, lbl character(len=1024)

nothing happening for me.  Most of the other dlg's did work for me

Re: dlgrequesttext problem

Do you have any more context for this code?  I just tried a trivial example, and it seems to work:

program request
use appgraphics
implicit none

character(50)::text

text = " "

if(dlgrequesttext(text, "Request", "Enter Text")) then
        Print *, text
    else
        Print *, "Cancelled"
    end if

end program request
Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Jeff,

i ran your routine in a project ( all by itself) and it did same as my code been doing. That is : it flies thru the call to dlgrequesttext without pausing and displaying the dialog/request. No execution error. Seems to just ignore - on my machine  (2.26 installed couple days back). Wonder if there's a setting ....???

There are no settings.  What version of Windows are you using, and is it 32- or 64-bit?  I'll try to replicate the issue.

The text request dialog, like a few of the others, are not "native, pre-packaged Windows dialogs."  There is a resource file compiled into AppGraphics that implements these dialogs.  They are substantially more complicated than, for example, a simple message box.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

XP, 32 bit

Ran clean for me on Win 10 64bit   Bob

The dlgrequesttext function does indeed fail on XP.  I'll have to do some digging, but I've at least been able to replicate the issue.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Good deal. Cannot stay with XP forever but I will long as possible.

Just wanted to post an update - I have dlgrequesttext working again under XP.  It seemed to be related to issues with AppGraphics' embedded Win32 resources conflicting with the default icon/manifest resources that Simply Fortran was adding to the compiled program.  I'm not sure why the conflict only seemed to be occurring on XP, but everything is working now.  The fix will appear in version 2.27, scheduled to be released in the next few weeks.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC