1 (edited by JohnWasilewski 2016-07-20 12:09:09)

Topic: SF/Linux error : "sh: 1: \usr\bin\wmake: not found"

When trying for the first time to BUILD a project that has been ported from one Linux system (where it was BUILt successfully) to another Linux system,
-AND-
When trying for the first time to BUILD a project that has been MOVED from one place in a Linux file structure (where it was BUILt successfully) to another place in the same Linux file structure,

...this happened both times.

==============================================================================
Generating Makefile... Okay
==============================================================================
sh: 1: \usr\bin\wmake: not found

* Failed *

On examining the system files, I found that the wmake file at pathname \usr\bin\wmake was in fact present.  Doing a CLEAN and trying again made no difference.
Looking in Options>Make & Makefiles, I found that the 'Make location' field contained

\usr\bin\wmake

, seemingly correctly and in spite of this error message's suggestion to the contrary.

I was able to correct the problem by clicking the 'Open' buton in Options>[Make options], and then using the file selection dialog to select the same pathname as was already showing in the 'Make location' field:

\usr\bin\wmake

After correcting the problem as above, then saving the project and quitting, I am finding that the same problem comes back when next I open the project.
---
John

Re: SF/Linux error : "sh: 1: \usr\bin\wmake: not found"

John,

What Linux distro are you using, and which Simply Fortran distribution (.deb, .rpm, AppImage) are you attempting to use?

The location of wmake is not stored in project files, so resaving the project after changing that field will not make a difference.  Could you email me the offending project file?  I'm guessing it actually has something to do with the path to your makefile.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

.deb, 2.29 latest build.
Will email them.
---
J.

Emailed.

John,

Build 2229 is now available on the Download page that fixes the issue along with a few more minor bugs.  Thank you for the report!

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC