Topic: Potential user error or Bug on OS El Capitain

Dear all,

I am a new potential user of this software, however right away I have run into a problem. This is potentially a problem with my use of the software, or it is potentially a bug.

My error is as follows:

I created a new project and file, the simple "Hello world" program.

I was able to build the project successfully, and run it successfully -- the console displayed "Hello World" -- fantastic!

Here is where the problem started. I now edited the "hello world" program to display some new text. I saved the file and the program, successfully "built" the program, and then executed it -- however, the console still displayed "Hello World", not the new text.

If I exit Simply Fortran, compile & run the program, the new text shows up -- but once again I cannot edit it.

Am I describing my problem correctly?

I hope that I can resolve this problem, as I am currently using Eclipse for my Fortran programming and am unsatisfied with the debugging capabilities.

All of the best,

Jake

Re: Potential user error or Bug on OS El Capitain

Jake,

There is currently a bug with our console on macOS that causes the console window to work only the first time the program is run (you're actually seeing the "Hello World" from the first time you ran it).  We should have a fix available by the end of the week.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Re: Potential user error or Bug on OS El Capitain

Jake,

Version 2.34 is now available, and it should fix the bug you've described:

https://simplyfortran.com/download/?platform=macos

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC