1 (edited by JohnWasilewski 2017-06-13 08:24:38)

Topic: WINE/WinSF2.37 falling over on gcc.exe?

Jeff,

When running Windows SF2.37/2449 from Linux Mint under WINE, I am successfully compiling all object files but the build is failing at the end with this:

Processing default resource
Can't recognise 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Simply Fortran 2\mingw-w64\bin\gcc.exe -E -xc -DRC_INVOKED  build64\sf_default_resource.rc' as an internal or external command, or batch script.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Simply Fortran 2\mingw-w64\bin\windres.exe: preprocessing failed.
Error(E42): Last command making (build64\sf_default_resource.res) returned a bad status
Error(E02): Make execution terminated

The same thing happens if I 'Clean' before BUILDing.

Is WINE having problems with gcc.exe?

Can you point me in the right direction?
---
John

Re: WINE/WinSF2.37 falling over on gcc.exe?

It appears that the resource compiler is having some sort of difficulty for whatever reason, not the compiler.  I'll try to see why it's occurring.

In the meantime, unchecking "Windows GUI" in Project Options should fix the problem since it won't attempt to run the resource compiler.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Re: WINE/WinSF2.37 falling over on gcc.exe?

Please allow me to cancel this thread, Jeff, and I hope you haven't spent a lot of time pondering it.  I ported my project from a Windows laptop to the Linux one, because of a few very minor changes I'd made, and I was then able to compile and build successfully, both with SF/Linux, and with SF/Win under Linux WINE.Linux.

It didn't work straight away using WINE, because it couldn't find Dislin.f90 where it was supposed to be in the SFPM pathname, so I looked there and found I needed to re-install Dislin.  I can't see how this could have caused my problem yesterday, and maybe I also did something else daft as well, which I can't now remember or reproduce.  Anyway, it now works, and it isn't worth fretting over why it didn't work yesterday, as I had reported.
---
John