1 (edited by JohnWasilewski 2017-07-20 17:51:15)

Topic: BUILD fails when a source file is missing which ought to be missing

When I have source file tabs open in the main editing window, that have not been added to the current project and are not part of it, but are open only for me to read, I am finding that BUILDing the current project is failing with errors like this, where the module said not to exist is in the source file that I have open in a viewing tab:

Error: (modules64\titles.mod) does not exist and cannot be made from existing files
Error: Make execution terminated

This is in fact occurring when the non-project source files are parts of the source code for a library project which, having been built previously, is being called by the project.  I don't know whether it would happen with a source file that has no connection with the project.

This is not a problem, but I just wonder whether it was intended, because it seems slightly wrong.
---
John

Re: BUILD fails when a source file is missing which ought to be missing

John,

I'm aware of this behavior, and it isn't exactly intended.  It is, however, expected.  I'll have to see why Simply Fortran thinks a module can be provided by the project when a non-project file containing said module is open in the editor.  There is some particularly complicated code that tracks dependencies, and these side effects can and do occur.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

John,

Build 2485, which is now available, should fix this problem finally.  Thanks for raising the issue!

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

I just so KNEW you would not be able to resist fixing this!
But thank you Jeff, as always,
---
John