Topic: 1.30 had me worried whilst installing but it got there in the end

Whilst installing 1.30 using the custom install option ,

I specified as an install destination the same directory as where 1.29 was installed.
   C:\Program Files (x86)\Fortran\Simply64

There was such a long delay whilst the program assimilated this request that I thought at first the installer must have crashed. In fact, I thought it had, and I closed it and tried again - with the same result - so I waited still longer, only to find in the end that it had NOT actually crashed.  Suggestion: display a warning about this taking ages!

I then saw the same select-options screen as before, but with some surprising information.
It told me I had 'All components' selected and that this would require 0KB on my hard drive, and that my selection of 'All features' would in fact free up 91K on my hard drive.  I am assuming that this is simply because 1.30 occupies less space than 1.29 did.

When I then kicked off, it took a long time to install, but it all worked perfectly.
---
J.

Re: 1.30 had me worried whilst installing but it got there in the end

John,

Some of the messages in the installer are disconcerting, and the delay at startup is quite bothersome.  I don't know that I can display a message as it prepares to run as Microsoft Windows Installer is quite a bit more rigid as to how things work. 

The space requirements are a bit odd.  I've noticed that on a clean system, everything seems to report right.  On a system where Simply Fortran is already installed, the sizes are a bit odd.

Glad to hear everything is working!

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC