Topic: About MPI

Dear sir.
I Update the MS-MPI package and the 'use mpi' starts not work today, I think the linker changes. otherwise. I try MPI_send &MPI_recv, it says invalid memory reference.

Re: About MPI

In order to fix some outstanding bugs, we did change the Fortran interface to MS MPI slightly since the previous version.  Specifically, the interface now uses integer(kind=8) for almost everything.  You may have to update your own Fortran code.  Additionally, after updating, be sure to Clean your project and rebuild it as the interfaces have changed.

If you are getting a number of integer type errors, you can add the following flag:

-fdefault-integer-8

to the Fortran box in the Compiler Flags screen in the Project Options window.  This feature will promote all integers to KIND=8 unless explicitly defined elsewhere.

The upgrade was necessary because a number of MPI constants could not be represented using KIND=4 integers.  However, we will probably revert the change.  I've just tried the example MPI project on my end, and it seems to be functioning properly (after changing the integer kinds).  We will release an updated MPI package that no longer requires the correction of integer types.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Re: About MPI

We've just released another update of the MS MPI package that limits the changes of integer kinds to only those necessary in the MPI module.  If anyone encounters any issues, please let us know.

At this point, the example project is working.  After cleaning and rebuilding your project, let us know if the error goes away.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC