Topic: link error

I get the compile-time warning message:

Generating target
ld: warning: object file (/.../build/xxx.o) was built for newer macOS version (11.0) than being linked (10.16)

How to avoid?

Re: link error

That message should have been eliminated in the latest release, though now I'm not sure.  What version of Simply Fortran do you currently have installed?

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

Latest build (3.16 build 3431) running on Mac OS Big Sur 11.1.

Does this message persist if you first "Clean" your project in the Build menu?  I'm wondering if you have an object file built with an older version of the compiler.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC

5 (edited by uhahaha 2020-12-31 13:29:34)

The object files are freshly created. Also I tried to "Clean" the project & the build status message says objects & related files were completely deleted. Rebuilding still says the same waring message.

Interesting...  We had patched the compiler to eliminate this warning, but it looks like it isn't working as expected.  Regardless, the compiler should continue to work fine, just emitting this warning.  We'll try to hunt down why it's still occurring, though.  Apple's development tooling and versioning is outwardly hostile towards third-party compilers much of the time, and it leads to minor issues like this despite our best efforts.

Jeff Armstrong
Approximatrix, LLC